As the process continues to heat up for 2023 recruits now that they can have electronic communication with coaches and 2022s are still trying to find a college golf home, phone calls are very important. Since an initial call could be your one shot at earning a spot on the coach’s potential recruit list you need to make sure you are prepared. Here are a few tips to help you prepare for that initial call:
- Have questions written down that you would like to ask the coach. Make sure these questions are relevant to the current timing of the process.
- Have some insight and facts about the school, golf program, coach, and team available for reference and talking points.
- Have some answers for potential questions that a coach may ask you. Be sure you have thought through your answers and they are honest and personal to you, not what you expect the coach to want to hear.
- Try to allow the conversation to flow. Don’t just ask questions to be asking them, really listen to the coach’s answer and see if it might spark a conversation instead of a continuing Q and A.
- Don’t hesitate to take a moment to gather your thoughts before you answer questions. Silence isn’t always a bad thing during conversations.
- Write down any notes or important answers the coach gives you so you don’t forget.
- Be enthusiastic and energetic. Coaches want to know that you are excited for the chance to chat with them!
-Brandi Jackson, RecruitPKB College Consultant
For questions or to schedule your free PKB 30 Minute Initial Consultation send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org