Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a great holiday season and enjoyed your time with family and friends. I know this has been another tough year as we continue to navigate the Covid pandemic but here we are kicking off a new year. This is a great time to reflect on the accomplishments of 2021 and begin to plan for 2022.
To all of those who signed NLI’s or verbally committed to play college golf, I want to say a big congratulations. To those who may have chosen a different path with their futures, I also want to say a big congratulations. College golf may not be the correct route for everyone young golfer but you have still worked hard and made a big decision in your life.
To all of those young girls who have practiced till it was dark, gotten up before the sunrise for an early tee time or workout, braved the cold/wind/rain, and kept their head up after a bad round, I want to say congratulations. You made it through another year of junior golf. Another year of getting stronger and tougher. Another year of growing and maturing. Another year of managing your time and working towards your dream. That is something you all should be proud of!
As we look to 2022, it’s a great time to create a plan to help you achieve your dream, whatever that dream may be. Below are a few areas and some tips to help you get started. If you would like some advice on how to get started with the college recruiting process in 2022 make sure you take advantage of your free 30-minute initial consultation that comes with your 2022 membership. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write down at least 3 accomplishments of 2021
- Write down at least 3 areas to continue to improve
- Write down 3 outcome goals for 2022
- Write down 2 process goals for each of your outcome goals
- Begin to set a schedule at the start of each week
- Track how you spend your time each week
- Get the important things done first
- Decide how many tournaments you want and can play
- Be realistic about the level you can compete at
- Keep a mix of strong fields to push yourself a little, plus weaker fields to help you build confidence
- Get an evaluation
- Build your resume
- Contact coaches
- Visit schools