As the summer months creep upon us, many junior golfers will be making their college decision soon. It’s a very exciting time but also a time to take a few minutes to ask yourself some questions about what you want out of your college experience. It easy to get wrapped up in the lure of a school and golf program. Coaches will do their best to “woo” you when you are on a visit. It’s part of their job to convince you that the school and golf program are outstanding. It’s your job to decide if it will actually be the best fit for you or not. Below are a few of the questions that every player needs to ask before making their final decision to play college golf.
- Is your personality compatible with the coaches and current teammates?
- Do you have the work ethic and desire that will be expected from the coaches?
- Do you want to attend a golf program that is demanding and competitive or one that just competes?
- Would you be happy at the school if you weren’t playing golf?
- Do you feel the coach is committed to helping you become a better player?