As many players begin to make their final college decision I wanted to address some questions that are very important to ask yourself to ensure you find the right fit. It’s really easy to get wrapped up in the glitz and glamor that you are shown on your campus visit. College recruiting is a business so the school and coach are going to pitch themselves to you just as a sales person would pitch their product or services. It’s a decision that will affect the rest of your life, so make sure you look past the “sales pitch” and decide if it’s the right place for you to spend the next 4 years of your life.
- Are you compatible with the coach and other team members?
- How does the coach interact with the players?
- How much will you be expected to practice/play each week?
- How does the coach handle qualifying?
- Does the coach work with players on their golf swings? Are they allowed to keep their swing coaches?
- Can you see yourself attending the school if you weren’t playing golf?
These are just a few questions to ask yourself as you make your final decision. There are many factors to consider depending on what you are looking for with your college golf experience. If you would like more assistance with making your final decision please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.