As we continue to navigate this uncertain and unusual time I wanted to share a few ways to connect with the college coaches during this time. While recruiting is somewhat limited and there aren’t any tournaments going on coaches are still expecting to hear from recruits. Email and phone updates are still a great way to connect but here are a few additional ideas. Please keep in mind if you are being realistic with the school and program when asking for the coaches time for some of these though.
- Ask to have a Zoom, Skype or facetime chat if you are a 2020 or 2021 recruit (starting June 15th if you are a 2022 recruit). Don’t wait for the coach to suggest this, take the initiative
- Engage with them on social media. Comment and like their posts. Tag them on your posts if it’s something you want them to check out.
- Send a handwritten note. These are always a good idea!
- Create a video that highlights what you are doing and how you are getting better
- Send trackman and/or swing video updates
- Find a way to make a difference for someone else during this time and share that with the coach. Be genuine and honest though about what you choose to do and share.
There are many ways to take advantage of this time and use it to your advantage.
Written by: Brandi Jackson, RecruitPKB College Consultant
For more information about college recruiting, please contact Brandi at firstname.lastname@example.org