Last week I shared a video to discuss the topic of “Why Her and Not Me” when it comes to trying to figure out why one girl gets recruited or gets the offer instead of you. In case you didn’t get a chance to watch that episode I thought this week I would share a few of those actual reasons.
- That player started the recruiting process earlier or attended a camp
- There is a connection to the school like being a legacy kid, friends of a team member, etc…
- The coach saw the other girl play before he/she had a chance to watch you play
- Her grades may be better or she has already taken ACT/SAT and gotten the required scores
- That player may not be seeking scholarship money and she let that be known earlier
- It was a gut feeling the coach had or a better personality match
- That player has different strengths/weaknesses in her game that the coach felt matched better
- That player had other offers and a different timeline
These are just a few of the reasons why one player may get the offer and you don’t. Keep in mind there are some things you can control to prevent that from happening in the future, but many times it was out of your control and you just have to accept that it was for the best.
Written by: Brandi Jackson, RecruitPKB College Consultant
For more information about college recruiting, please contact Brandi at email@example.com